What is consent?
Consent means saying YES (agreeing) to sexual contact.
Here are some examples of situations where there is no consent:
- You are tricked, bullied, pressured or threatened until you say Yes
- You are too scared to say No
- You are drunk or high
- You are asleep or unconscious
- The other person is a family member — for example, father, mother, grandfather, cousin
- The other person is a professional — for example, teacher, coach, doctor, interpreter, therapist — whose job it is to help you.