What is sexual violence
Sexual violence is any violence, physical or psychological, carried out through sexual means.
SEXUAL ASSAULT: without your agreement, any sexual contact by another person is sexual assault. In Canadian law, the formal term for this offence is sexual assault. Sexual assault includes rape, forced sexual contact, or any sexual touching that you did not agree to.
- Sexual abuse, including childhood sexual abuse
- Incest or interfamilial sexual abuse
- Rape and other forms of sexual violence during armed conflict
- Drug or alcohol-facilitated sexual assault
- Intimate partner sexual violence
- Sexual coercion
- Sexual harassment
- Indecent or sexualized exposure
- Exposing others to degrading sexual imagery
- Online or cyber sexual harassment
- Human trafficking and sexual exploitation